Student Strips During Thesis Presentation to Protest Humiliation from Teacher

When the professor asked what Chai was going to do, she responded, “I’m going to give the best damn speech of my life.”

Letitia Chai led the revealing demonstration Saturday during her “Acting in Public: Performance in Everyday Life” class to stand up “against oppressive beliefs,” she said in a Facebook Live video of the event.

It came days after her professor, Rebekah Maggor, questioned whether the denim cutoff shorts Chai was wearing during a test run of the presentation were too short.

“The first thing that the professor said to me was ‘is that really what you would wear?” Chai wrote in a Facebook post about the incident. “The professor proceeded to tell me, in front of my whole class, that I was inviting the male gaze away from the content of my presentation and onto my body,” she wrote.

The day of the presentation she ask people and supporters to came to her speech.

Her presentation was Livestream when she stripped to her Uniqlo bra and underwear, and people in the room joined her.